Safeguarding your child at home

If you would like help and support outside of school hours, you can view the following websites and contact the following helplines for advice. 


Mental Health




Childline can support you with any or worries your child has such as anxiety, mental health, physical health, education and living situation. 

It is free to call where you can speak to a Childline counsellor privately about anything. 

Call free on 0800 11 11 or visit 


YoungMinds & CAMHS

YoungMinds works with the Children and Adolescents Mental Health Service (CAMHS) to provide support, advice and counselling to young people experiencing depression, anxiety, bullying and eating difficulties. They provide a helpline for parents and carers worried about their children's mental wellbeing.

You can find a support guide at 

Their parental helpline is 0808 802 5544.


Drug Use


Talk to FRANK is a free and confidential advice service for anyone struggling with drug use or wanting to understand drugs and their effects. 

You can call them on 0300 123 6600 (24/7)
You can text them on: 82111
You can email them on:



Internet Safety

Think you Know

Think You Know will help answer your questions about internet safety and offers advice on how to keep you safe online.

Visit the website at 

Follow this link if you need to report online abuse to the police.

Knife Crime 

For support on Knife Crime, you can contact Childline on 0800 11 11. Read this leaflet for support for how to talk to your child about knife crime.

Domestic Violence

If you are experiencing domestic violence either physically, emotionally, are witness to it or are worried about someone, you can go to the following places for support and advice. 



Refuge can help you if you experiencing physical or emotional abuse at home. Their website offers support on who you can talk to, how you can talk to them, and what to do if you are worried.

You can visit their website at



The NSPCC are there to talk to you if you are worried about a child being hurt or abused by someone. They will listen to what is happening, offer support and have a counselling service for young people.

You can visit their website on

You can email them on 

You can call them on 0808 800 5000


Forced Marriage

Forced Marriage Unit (FMU)

The FMU is a government initiative set up to support anyone who is worried about or is at risk of being forced into a marriage, or anyone who has already been forced to marry another person. A trained professional will give you free advice on what you can do next, and help you with finding a safe place to stay or stopping a visa if you have been forced to sponsor someone. You have the right to choose who you marry, when you marry or if you marry at all. 

You can visit their website on

You can call their support line Monday to Friday (9-5) on 0207 008 0151 or during out of work hours on 0207 008 1500 and ask for the global response centre. 


The Freedom Charity

The Freedom Charity raises awareness and works to stop forced marriages from happening within the UK. Their website includes resources, information and direction on how to get support if you are concerned about someone or yourself. 

You can visit their website on

You can call their helpline on 0845 607 0133

You can text them on 88802 and they will call you back by sending the message '4freedom' 


 Anti-Radicalisation and Extremism


PREVENT safeguards people and communities from the threat of terrorism. It is one of 4 elements of CONTES, the Government's counter terrorism strategy, aiming to stop people from becoming involved in terrorism or supporting terrorism. The Home Office works with local authorities, Multi-Academy Trusts, and a wide range of government departments and community organisations to deliver the strategy. 

You can call the Prevent advice line on 0800 011 3764 to share any concerns in confidence with specially trained officers

You can report any online material which promotes terrorism or extremism by visiting this website





Human trafficking is when people are brought to (or moved around) a country and forced to work, or do other things they do not want to do.

To report a suspicion or get advice you can contact the Modern Day Slavery Helpline confidentially on 08000 121 700. This is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 

If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

You can report it online by following this link





Shelter offer housing advice to anyone who is experiencing or at risk of homelessness. They provide information on what to do about homelessness, private renting, tenancy deposits, repossession, eviction, repairs, housing benefits and council housing

You can visit their website at


Carers Direct 

Carers Direct is for anyone who is looking after a family member who is ill or disabled or needs special help. It is part of the NHS website and offers information and advice. 

You can talk to someone on 0808 802 0202 for support

You can visit their website on


Manchester Refugee Support Network - MRSN | Manchester

Manchester Refugee Support Network

The MRSN helps asylum seekers and refugees get the basic support they need to live with dignity. They strive to help them build safe, happy and productive lives in the UK.


To book an appointment with an advisor or view the times for the drop-in sessions, click on this link